Monday, 26 April 2010

Audi Car Cake

This cake was commissioned by a lovely client Katy for her partner was turning 30.

Previous car cakes I've made I've placed on a round board but this time I decided on square and I love it!  The white board really contrasts against the dark grey car and it makes me smile.  It took a lot of hard work and I was working late adding the finishes touches but it was worth it.

Apparently Sean was going go-kart racing during the day then a dinner at night when the cake would be 'presented' - hope he liked it!


8 comments:

  1. It turned out great Caroline, I love it! You're right the black/grey on white is very dramatic.

    How did/what did you use to raise it up for the wheels to sit nicely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I used strips of pastillage that I stuck to the board, then covered the board with sugarpaste. It's not an exact science though so I had to use some more thins strips of pastillage on top of the sugarpaste to get the car to the exact height I needed, always learning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Oh I hear you I'm ALWAYS learning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, you did an amazing job. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. it came out great! I love how you made the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any car enthusiast would love this car. Your fondant is so smooth, what an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cars seem to be becoming my most popular request! Thanks for the nice comments

    ReplyDelete