Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Barnyard Cake

This cake was a challenge!  Not only was it the largest single tier cake I've made, it was also decorated with the most amount of models!

We had a horse, a chicken, two pigs, a dog, a cow, a mouse and two ducks with a hay pile, feed bags, drive, mud pool and pond!  The barn and tower were polysterene so that the recipient could keep them as mementos of her special day.

The birthday celebrations consisted of a barn dance hence the farm related cake.  The design was sent to me by the client and is based on a cake on Cake Central (while researching this cake I came across quite a few based on this cake - the original cake maker should be very proud!)

My client was so nice, he was travelling quite a distance with the cake and telephoned me to let me know he and the cake arrived safely - how sweet is that?!
Do you like the needle in the haystack??  This was Dave's idea and he even made the needle himself!

8 comments:

  1. How cute! I just made a red barn cake this past weekend too - it was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SweetThingsTO - I just commented on your blog post about the Barn! Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! What a stunning cake! :D I think my favorite is the pig in the mud, adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete