Thursday, 8 July 2010

New friend - Beth Goodrham Personal Stylist

It's nice making new friends.  With Twitter, Facebook and blogging you often 'meet' people who are working in a similar field to you or are interested in the same things but recently I met someone face to face! (I know, weird eh?)

I was contacted by someone who had seen my cake car (hurray!) to make a cake for her birthday and it turns out she's a neighbour and in fact only lives two doors away from me (but round a corner so we'd never met).  Her name is Beth and she has her own company Beth Goodrham Personal Stylist. We met up for a chat and her work sounds really interesting... rummaging through people's wardrobes, clothing parties and, well, shopping for a living (perhaps I'm generalising a little!)

I like this quote from her website:

'We all want a wardrobe that inspires us. A wardrobe that, when we open it, is filled with stylish on-trend pieces with beautiful accessories for every occasion.  The reality is often very different. For many people, their heart sinks when they open their wardrobe and in desperation they wear the same few items time and time again.'

So, if you've got a wedding, christening or fancy event to attend but nothing to wear or you are just in need of a seasonal wardrobe update then think about using the talents of personal stylist, I intend to!

No comments:

Post a Comment