Thursday, 12 August 2010

4 simple goals...

I follow the blog A Beautiful Mess and their latest post involves achieving goals before the new year:

"the guidelines...
1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what i'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.
5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! i'll be doing this too! links back to this post are appreciated. "

My goals:
1. Walk somewhere every day - I work from home and sometimes don't leave the house all day, not good for my soul or waistline...
2. Tweet every day - I enjoy reading tweets but feel self conscious about writing them, need to get over it (maybe I could tweet about my daily walk...)
3. Befriend 'soon to be opened' cupcake business on the high street - yes, they're my competition but I could turn it into a positive cake collaboration
4. Buy fabric and make something - I received a sewing machine last Christmas, I bought a pattern in March but all my good creative intentions are draining away, need to just do it!

What would your goals be?

10 comments:

  1. My sewing machine is just sitting on a desk, unused and sad :( Hehe. I need to start working with mine, too.
    And I feel self-conscious about tweeting, too.
    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...walking is so on my list too :)

    Good luck with all your goals !

    Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good goals!
    Tweeting is fun! I'll tweet with you! I'm sure you'd feel less self conscious if you were talking to someone :)
    Oh and making something is kind of on my list too! Sewing in general is on my list :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodluck for your goals dear...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!! I'm doing the goals project as well. Good luck! :) I'm jealous of your sewing machine. I'd love to learn to make something so make you post your pretty project once you're done! Have a nice night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, thank you everyone! And good luck with your goals too. It's great to have such lovely support and I'll keep you informed of my progress! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your goals, girl!
    Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm stopping by because I'm also doing Elsie's 4 simple goals. Really liking your goals, especially the walking/getting outside one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I've been doing well so far with my walking and tweeting - yay me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I'm loving the positivity in number 3 :D also, don't be self conscious about tweeting. Infact, I'm going to follow your twitter right now!
    Fantastic goals, really looking forward to seeing how you get on :)

    Here's mine:
    http://aoife-blake.blogspot.com/2010/08/4-simple-goals-blog-project-by-elsie.html

    ReplyDelete