Monday, 23 August 2010

Giant Cupcake

I was recommended to a client by the builder who created our lovely bathroom earlier this year.  Paul (the builder) was at our house nearly every day for almost a month so he got to taste fruit cake, lemon cake, chocolate mud cake, vanilla cupcakes and leftover wedding favours and even though he was 'trying to be good' his resolve would melt every time I put a cup of tea and plate of goodies in front of him!  (I'm not sure if that makes me a bad person...)

Paul recommended me to his sister, Karen, who was looking for a cake for her daughter’s 21st birthday family celebration (which was to be held outside last Saturday...it rained most of the day.....)  Karen had seen a giant cupcake in Selfridges and asked me to recreate one....this was my first giant cupcake and I was grateful to The Cakerator for her recent tutorial!

Ooo, I'd like to just eat this peak of buttercream now!

8 comments:

  1. soo pretty!!! i love the pink buttercream swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out gorgeous!!!! Aren't you glad you did not need that pan! Love it! And now I need a couple spoonful of that buttercream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, great cake! have followed for you and I'm off to check out the rest of your clever creations - now, if only you lived a bit closer... Jane:) http://louandjane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comments! I still get excited when I see there is a comment to moderate!....

    ReplyDelete