Monday, 31 January 2011

In The Cities event

Last Thursday I was invited to an event organised by the networking group In The Cities, which is run by two wonderful PR people Bran Cook of Mother Brown PR and Judith Fine of Finesse Services.  The event was held in the centre of Birmingham in the Rotunda building at one of the penthouses owned by Staying Cool. They run serviced apartments which are super cool and in a fabulous locaion.

And the penthouse was amazing!  Stunning views over the city and even though it was on the 20th floor, and I am not good with heights, I didn't feel scared (inside anyway, I wasn't brave enough to make it out onto the balcony!!)

I decided to make a cake for the event based on the Rotunda building that we were going to be in, as well as a mountain of chocolate, vanilla and lemon cake to give out to the guests.

Here's my little table:

 This is my little Rotunda cake...in the Rotunda!

And this is the actual building my cake was based on!  What do you think?  Similar?  I wish I'd had more time to add more details to the cake but time was against me...

Until next time.. x

No comments:

Post a Comment