Monday, 9 May 2011

Lawn Tennis Anniversary Cake

This cake was commissioned to celebrate the 100th anniverary of the Midland School Girls Lawn Tennis League. The tournament was to be held at the King Edwards High School for Girls and they wanted a special cake for a celebratory afternoon tea!

We went with green to represent the tennis court, white to represent the original white tennis balls and included a 'vintaged up' tennis badge plus an edible paper plaque!





  
P.S. I wish I'd kept the tennis green a little lighter on this cake to give it more of a vintage feel....oh, well.... next time!

x

7 comments:

  1. I love this, your work is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks wonderful - love the topper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies... I kind of wish I could have another go at it and get that colour just right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this the cake you made on friday? It looks great! I love the tennis rackets logo and the roses on top are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo, yes this is Friday's cake (the one that caused my sleepless night!) and thank you...I did like the logo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this cake on the Barber Institute facebook page - I wondered who'd made it... now I know! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Emma...it was strange to see one of my cakes on another Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete