Tuesday, 31 May 2011

My first dessert table...

When my friend Anna told me she was marrying her lovely boyfriend Patrick I was very happy, when she asked me to make their cake I was pleased and when she told me she wanted a dessert table I was super excited!

I love dessert tables and even though this dessert table is actually just a cake table (as there were no other kinds of dessert) I couldn't wait to get started.  We ended up discussing the concept three times (and after a few glasses of pop the ideas kept flowing!) and I love the way it turned out.


Coffee-Choc Mini Muffins with icing discs indented with the couple's initials

Little marzipan hearts to accompany the fruit cake

Hand written signs pegged to vintage glasses

The rustic cake and topper from my previous post!




Zesty lemon cake

Chocolate mud cake (my favourite!)

Ink stamped cards for the home-made bunting

Beautiful fresh flowers displayed in milk bottles

Fresh flowers and more initials discs scattered on the vintage style table cloth

I don't think my photos really did it justice so I'm hoping the photographer took some better ones!  But I did take quite a few myself (from all angles) so please enjoy










Here's hoping I'm asked to do more dessert tables as I love them!
x

10 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! Dessert tables are fun - although now when I go shopping I want to buy 2 or 3 of the same cake pedestals or plates in case I get to do a dessert table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job on the dessert table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks greeeeat!!!!!! you have done an amazing job! I loooove it! hope you get to do more too. I too love deserts tables.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! I'm thinking that this dessert table malarky is not going to help my cake stand and cute plate addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)))) no, but your addiction will help your dessert tables:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can never have too much cake! The table looks fab, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!! i would love to take a trip to that table! definitely satisfying~~yum!!! and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete