Monday, 16 May 2011

Princess Castle Cake

This was another first... this time for a Princess Castle Cake!  I would have LOVED a cake like this when I was small so I was quite jealous of Millie celebrating her third birthday with such a grand design (only joking about the jealousy bit!)

The bottom tier was chocolate mud cake layered with chocolate buttercream, the top tier was a dummy and each of the towers were made of sugar.  If you follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook then you will know that the towers gave me some trouble but they survived (and castles should have wonky towers right??!)







12 comments:

  1. Que lindo ! amei o bolo ! beijos, marina
    www.blogdamarinatorres.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I would LOVE a cake like this now!! haha

    Well done you it looks fabulous

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful. it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your princess castle turned out great! The color palette is perfect! I actually tried to make my towers/turrets out of sugarpaste - but they didn't turn out, so I ended up with rice krispie covered in fondant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks SweetThingsTO...next time I might try the rice krispies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute princess castle! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning - I am sure any little girl would be stunned to have such a fabulous cake!

    ReplyDelete