Friday, 24 June 2011

Moo Cake

My new (and lovely) regular client Kym wanted to surprise her friend Susie with a birthday cake.  Susie is dairy, gluten and yeast intolerant (feel a bit sorry for her!) but I tested out my delectable chocolate mud recipe with dairy and gluten free ingredients and do you know what?  It is (almost) as yummy!

Susie is a big fan of Caroline Shotton's work so we decided to recreate part of her Marilyn Moonroe painting.  

Here's the painting:

And here's my painting!




I was really pleased with the painting but had a devil of a time with the dairy-free buttercream!

See you next time...
x

11 comments:

  1. Много интереста тортичка :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie here :0)

    Oh my, what a cake. It's delicious! It's so nice to be able to have a fabulous cake. So much of what's on offer commercially it's overly sugary and synthetic. This cake is divine, I was totally blown away. As for the design, you captured Marilyn Moonroe perfectly.

    Thank you for all your hard work and the buttercream is delicious :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, I'm so glad you like your cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This cake is SO great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your painting. you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such an artist! Perfect painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you - I do love a bit of painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning! LOVE LOVE LOVE the painting!

    ReplyDelete