Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Caterpillar Birthday Cake...

...for my little niece Ella.  Ella turned 1 at the end of January and I, of course, wanted to make the cake! 

Her Uncle David and I had bought her some wall stickers for Christmas (I know it's not exciting but they're really nice stickers!) from a fab company called Supernice.  This is what the stickers look like:

Here are the stickers in Ella's room:
And this is the cake I made:


I was starting to feel a little unwell as I finished the cake as you may be able to tell....the feet of the caterpillar are facing the wrong way!

Do you like my caterpillar interpretation?
x

6 comments:

  1. beautifuuuul! love your ideea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Simplicity rules in my book and those stickers look fabulous in place. Your interpretation is perfect for a 1st birthday cake. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone...I wonder what Ella will think when she's grown up and looking back at the photos!

    ReplyDelete